Calgary 2022 Ringette Championships Venues
The Calgary 2022 CRC events will be held at two locations, the 7 Chiefs Sportsplex & Chief Jim Starlight Centre and the WinSport Markin MacPhail Centre.
Calgary’s newest twin arena, 7 Chiefs Sportsplex & Chief Jim Starlight Centre, combines world-class facilities and the legendary hospitality of the Tsuut’ina people.
The 7 Chiefs Sportsplex name, honours the first seven Chiefs who led Tsuut’ina Nation following the signing of Treaty 7:
- Chief Bullhead, who signed Treaty 7 in 1877 and led until his death in 1911.
- Chief Big Belly, who led from 1911 to 1920.
- Chief Joseph Big Plume, who was the last hereditary chief to lead the Tsuut’ina, from 1920 to 1946.
- Chief David Crowchild, the nation’s first elected chief, who led from 1946 to 1952.
- Chief Jim Starlight, who led from 1952 to 1966.
- Chief Dick Big Plume, who was descended from Chief Bull Head and led from 1966 to 1970.
- Chief Gordon Crowchild, who led from 1970 to 1976.
Athletes will enter from the west side of the building. Spectators will enter through the main entrance on the north side of the building.
Markin MacPhail Centre
WinSport’s world-class facility is home to one of the most dynamic event and meeting spaces in Calgary – right on one of the primary venues of the 1988 Winter Olympic Games.
WinSport is a not-for-profit community-based organization that owns and operates Canada Olympic Park. Their vision is to be a world-leading centre for athletic development. WinSport inspires human potential through the spirit of sport by introducing people to winter and mountain sports, helping them develop their skills and thereby igniting a passion for sport and lifelong learning.
Athletes will enter from the NE entrance on the Event floor while spectators will enter through the main Plaza Entrance on the south side. Team buses will use the south Plaza Entrance. Athletes will enter through the right plaza doors. The Markin MacPhail Centre contains four ice rinks labelled Arena A, Joan Snyder Arena, Arena C, and VisitCalgary.com.