2022 Ringette Championships Volunteer Opportunities
We are looking for enthusiastic volunteers to help us make the 2022 Canadian Ringette Championship the best nationals yet!
The following positions are available for sign-up through Sign Up Genius. Simply select the specific role(s) and shift(s) that best suit your availability. All volunteers will receive a free day pass for the same day of their volunteer shift. For more information about the role, see the descriptions and duties below.
- Athlete Entrance Table Attendant
- Registration Desk Attendant
- Ticketing & Information Table Attendant
- Floater Helper
- Minor Official
- Penalty box attendant
This is a fully bilingual event, so we’re also seeking many French-speaking volunteers. Parlez-vous francais? Let us know!
We thank you in advance for donating your time and supporting the greater ringette community – we’re looking forward to #BringingTheEnergy with you!
If you have any questions regarding specific roles or other CRC volunteerism inquiries, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Athlete Entrance Table Attendant
Primary responsibilities are to confirm IDs and conduct dressing room checks. Parents and spectators are not permitted through the Athlete Entrance, except for team photographers at WinSport.
- Check ID and vaccination confirmation of athletes and coaches.
- Redirect parents and spectators to proper entrance and parking, if necessary.
- Change dressing room signage.
- Conduct quick tidies of dressing rooms. Notify arena staff of any major clean up required.
Registration Desk Attendant
Primary responsibilities include the facilitation of game-related documentation and game statistics collection.
- Assist coach sign-in.
- Disburse and collect Chromebooks and game sheets before and after games.
- Direct Minor Officials to their assigned rink(s).
- Disburse and collect shot clock controls before and after games.
- Collect any booklet sheets not related to game scores (e.g. Agnes Jacks).
- Contact Venue Coordinators with any game issues.
Ticketing & Information Table Attendant
- Check ticket lanyards at the spectator entrance.
- Facilitate volunteer check-in.
- Provide general information and directions to spectators.
Primary responsibility is to backup any Minor Officials, excluding shot clock operators, who haven’t arrived for their shift. Please note: Floater Helpers must attend an online RAMP training session for scorekeeping, provided by the Committee, prior to the event.
- Minor Official backup – scorekeeper, timekeeper, penalty box attendant, but not shot clock operator.
- Assist the Ticketing & Information Table during busy periods.
- Provide general assistance to other volunteers when required
We are looking for scorekeepers, timekeepers, and penalty box attendants for the entire tournament. Shot clock operators are provided by Ringette Canada.
- Scorekeepers and timekeepers must have experience in these roles.
- Scorekeeping is going to be documented on RAMP Electronic Gamesheets. Chromebooks/IPads will be provided at the rink to use for this process. Scorekeepers should be technologically literate/comfortable and will be provided with training and instructions in advance of the event.